Although the word “accreditation” is used in different ways by the general public, Antioch follows the general practice in higher education by accepting credit in transfer only from institutions accredited by one of the following regional accreditation bodies:
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges;
- North Central Association of Schools and Colleges;
- Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges;
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools;
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; or,
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Antioch also accepts credit from institutions accredited by national accrediting bodies recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) (Grade of ‘C’ or better, Pass, or Credit).
Antioch cannot accept credit from institutions with candidacy for accreditation or probationary accreditation status. (Exception: a student holding an RN degree from a National League of Nursing approved program may be eligible for transfer credit despite lack of regional accreditation. Transfer policies concerning nursing units are explained below.) Sometimes an institution’s accreditation status changes over time. Antioch accepts credit for transfer only if the units were earned at a time when the institution was accredited.